Tales of a wanna-be florist

So here are the promised pictures of my floral escapades! Hooray!

First up is Krista, my high school buddy who's getting married this Friday! Woot woot! Her pictures are adorable too! :D Krista's flowers were all silk, and it was SUPER nice being able to do all the work in advance, no rush. The wires in the silk flowers were a super pain to cut through, except when I used my BFF's 'tin snips' as she called them. This was the first bridal bouquet I ever attempted, so go easy on me, eh? ;) The main body of the bouquet was pretty easy, it all just came together real nice, but adding the cascade to it was a MAJOR pain! >:( It just wouldn't cooperate!! I had to take the whole thing apart 2 or 3 times and start over, which was kinda frustrating. But it turned out lovely, and I am satisfied :)

Top part - done in just over an hour. The rest took me a few days :P
Photography by Jennilyn Proulx with www.dezemberphoto.com

Photography by Jennilyn Proulx with www.dezemberphoto.com

Photography by Jennilyn Proulx with www.dezemberphoto.com

Next is my lovely cousin Merilee, who got married a couple of weeks ago. This one she completely designed herself, picked out the flowers, she even did most of the putting it together! I mostly just helped with the bridesmaid/centerpiece flowers. She did such a good job! Everything turned out so well! :D
Photo by  Callie Hobbs Photography

MAN I love this shot! :)
Callie Hobbs Photography

Pretty sure those shoes were the bane of my existence for about 3 hours...we glued on each individual jewel onto the shoe until it was completely covered! I don't know how she did so much of them by herself, it was such tedious, mind-numbing work! But they were so dang cute by the end of it all! :D
Callie Hobbs Photography

Callie Hobbs Photography

Soooooo, this concludes my floral rant :) But there will be more! I just need more of my friends to get married ;)

Comments

  1. Dang - those are really some beautiful flowers, AND pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ramble and Rant